Kia Carens 2022
Since their arrival on Indian shores, Kia Motors has certainly established its place well among the Indian customers. With the Kia Seltos being well appreciated in the market as a compact SUV rivalling the likes of Hyundai Creta and MG Hector among others, Kia’s compact SUV the Sonet has also struck a chord among buyers looking for a mid-range car.
With the idea to further stir up the competition in the MPV segment, Kia introduced their fourth offering for India, The Kia Carens 2022! The Kia Carens 2022 has the longest wheelbase in the segment, 2780 mm which is not just more than the Maruti Ertiga or the Hyundai Alcazar, but also 30 mm longer than the Toyota Innova Crysta which has been among the most popular MPVs since its inception! The Kia Carens price in India on road is expected to be between 13-20 Lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), the Kia Carens is certainly an all-round package for car buyers this coming year!
Is Kia Carens a 7-Seater?
Talking about the interiors in the Kia Carens 2022, the highlight shall certainly be the large list of equipment that is designed for the car. With the large 10.25-inch infotainment system housing android auto, Apple Carplay, as well as Kia’s UVO, connect for a complete interactive driving experience, it also boasts of an entirely digital set for the instrument cluster giving the car a futuristic feel while driving. The build quality inside the cabin has been well tended to, with a premium feel all around, neat integration of the infotainment system as well the AC vents and fine detailing to even the door panels expressing the amount of effort logged while designing the Kia Carens 2022. The car also comes with the option of a six or seven-seater configuration with captain seats at the rear being available for the six-seat variant.
The centre console is not clustered and houses all the main functions such as the controls for seat ventilation, drive modes, ambient lighting, climate control, with a touch-based panel at the centre thus making access to features a seamless task! The Kia Carens 2022 also comes equipped with an 8 speaker sound system from Bose, seatback tables with cup holders, the one-touch tumble down feature for the folding of the rear seats which is seen for the first time in this segment, and an air purifier along with the AC vents to provide a clean environment within the cabin. Even on safety, the Kia Carens 2022 sports all four disc brakes, a tyre pressure monitoring system, rear parking sensors, hill-start assist, six airbags, ABS with EBD as standard across its variants showcasing how well thought out this car is!
The Kia Carens India has all the right styling elements in place to make the car very attractive, right from its catchy split LED headlamp configuration to the grille which houses a contrasting black trim and certain 3D patterns to make the design more unique, the outer appearance does make the car quite appealing! The side profile may bring nostalgia to those familiar with the Seltos however, with a good glass area for the doors the car sports a look indicating an airy cabin. The rear windshield gets a rake as well and the bumpers are aggressively styled too thus adding to the sporty look of the MPV. The car sports sharp lines across its silhouette and hints of just the perfect amount of chrome subtly mixed throughout the body and the subtle shift of the trademark ‘Tiger Nose ‘ motif from Kia from the grille to the bumper simply adds more the right pull towards the outer appeal held by the Kia Carens 2022!
Kia Carens 2022 Variants Explained
The Kia Carens 2022 is slated to be available with three engine options spread across five variants to choose from:
- Premium – The entry-level variant with basic features such as semi-leather seating, one-touch tumble for the rear seats, a 7.5-inch infotainment system and simple 16-inch steel wheels with covers.
- Prestige – In addition to the premium variant, the infotainment system gets an update, it now houses an 8-inch screen with android auto and Apple Carplay, outside rearview mirrors with integrated turn signals, front parking sensors and a 6-speaker sound system.
- Prestige Plus – This pack further adds the 16-inch alloy wheels, multiple drive modes, keyless entry, automatic climate control for the air conditioning among others.
- Luxury – The variant with a big list of features, including ambient lighting with 64 colour combinations, 10.25-inch infotainment with the Kia connect UI, an air purifier, leather seats, seatback tables and many more add-ons!
- Luxury Plus – The top of the line variant with the 8 speaker Bose sound system, a cooled wireless charger, ventilated seats, rain-sensing wipers and a sunroof as well.
Along with these options comes the choice of a six-speed manual gearbox for the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines and a six-speed automatic DCT gearbox for the turbocharged petrol engine options as well as the choice between six or seven-seat configuration for the rear.
How does Kia Carens 2022 stand out?
The Kia Carens 2022 is not just an ordinary everyday MPV, so we list out our top features on this car that certainly make it an irresistible option
- The Kia Carens 2022 is the one MPV with a sunroof as well as roof-mounted AC vents which have been sorely missed on other cars in the segment.
- With its 64 colour ambient light system and ventilated seats, the car becomes far more premium than its budget range.
- With dual digital display screens as well as a cabin air purifier and the electric feature to tumble down the second row of seats at just one touch, the Kia Carens 2022 brings every kind of luxury this budget could demand.
With the longest wheelbase at 2780 mm among its segment making this car highly spacious as well as all the required safety features as standard across all trims, the Kia Carens 2022 does stand out amidst its competitors.
The Kia Carens 2022 is undoubtedly the car to watch out for this coming year. It has the perfect mix of attractive looks, premium features and a plush feel inside the cabin making this car seem to belong to a completely different segment. The bookings for the Kia Carens 2022 have begun since the 14th of January 2022 and can be booked by customers at a price of INR 25,000 at either Kia dealerships or over their website. Kia India announced that they received 7738 bookings for the Kia Carens 2022 on the very first set day of opening bookings itself thus making it more clear how well the car is anticipated. The Carens are all set to be manufactured domestically in India for the market here as well as for export. The car is expected to be launched in February 2022 wherein the exact prices shall be declared however the Kia Carens price in India can be expected between 13-20 Lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).